Sunday, August 12, 2007

Have you ever heard of...


Have you ever heard of yeast overgrowth? I've been not doing well because severe food allergies and chemical sensitivity, smell sensitivity for a while now(almost 10 years-though it has been much worse in the past 3 or 4). In the past year I've lost almost 100 pounds (thank God I was severely overweight to start with) because of anaphylatic reactions to most foods that I have tried to eat. I was down to organic wheat noodles and spinach. I'm now eating organic skim milk with organic puffed wheat-something I could not do before because of a casein allergy. I started on some very strong probiotics 2 weeks ago and the nervousness is gone, the racing heart is gone, the sudden fevers are gone, and so are the topical yeast breakouts, and I now have the energy that I used to have. Hmm...methinks I'm onto something. Although my doctors tried to put it off on my nerves! The nerve of them! I asked them about the possibility of candida overgrowth, and they poo-pooed the very idea of it. =/ There are no homeopathic doctors in my small town. I am going to try to slowly reintroduce other foods back into my diet-not my two severest allergies of course-peanuts and seafood, but the others. Wish me luck y'all!


PS I am posting about this because I figure I am not the only one with this problem. I purchased powdered probiotics from custom probiotics because they had some with high potency and absolutely no additives.

PPS I was gonna tell y'all this week about how my son went off to band camp and didn't call me even once...but hey-that's the gist of it! Ungrateful brat! Teehee!

4 comments:

Sara Millis said...

Beautiful work... I hope reintroducing foods doesn't cause you anymore upset. Sara x

kittyd said...

Thank you Sara, both for the compliment and the well wishes. :) So far I'm able to drink organic milk again, and therefore able to eat organic puffed wheat cereal (really missed cereal) and some organic rice I've tried. I also ate some turnip greens (only seasoning I use is a little salt).

Cathy said...

gosh, that must be so hard! good luck with it all! I had children in my classes (im a teacher of primary school children) who had severe allergies and it's quite a job to manage it all!
(scrap4u)

kittyd said...

Hi Cathy,
I can imagine it must be difficult having a classful of children, and have a few you have to keep an extra careful eye on because of ingested allergies. I really respect teachers! :)